All workers who wish to work in a Queensland Mine require a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the Nationally Recognised Skill Set: RIISS00034 Surface Coal Mine Safety Skill Set
This Skill Set addresses the regulatory requirements for open-cut coal mining specified in Recognised Standard 11, Training in Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, Queensland.
Standard 11 is made up of the following 6 nationally accredited units of competency (which are recognised by the QLD Department of Mines as the core S11 modules):
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response First Aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
The Statement of Attainment requires the satisfactory completion of a 2 day training course. The Standard 11 (S11) Training Course is readily available and will give you all the basic information required to keep you safe on coal Mines and allow participants to gain access to Coal Mines in Queensland.